Recipes

Translate

Sunday 5 November 2017

Rainy and Bleak

   I had no big plans for today but it turned out to be a busy one. It was raining when I got up this morning and continued all day, but quite mild. Up early this morning because of the clock change but was busy until lunchtime. By then I was ready for a nap and didn`t surface until 3:00 p.m.

   I tried to settle at the computer (I have the Minutes from last week's meeting to type up) but got sidetracked and finally gave up around 4:00. I needed some fresh air so walked up to the library to pick up a Donna Leon book I have been waiting for. The rain seemed to have stopped, but it started up again before I got home - not too wet. It`s been an indoor sort of day.

   Dinner is on - chicken stew - thighs with lots of vegetables. I am using up most of the tomatoes that have ripened indoors. It`s actually for tomorrow as I have some leftover fish to eat tonight. Yesterday I planted some over wintering garlic as it needs to go in before the ground freezes. I also tidied up some branches from my neighbour`s tree that he very kindly let fall over the fence when he was pruning it. He pretended he didn`t notice they landed on my side of the fence! Luckily I still had some room in my bins so it will be picked up on Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. Ms. Elliot.
    Enjoyed reading your BLOG and lovely photos you shared.Hope you had a wonderful evening. Enjoy the beautiful week ahead. RJ & I prepared some meals for 2-3 days this week. I know your stew was delicious...
    Lots of pretty colors this time of year. Moon has been gorgeous.
    By the way...Happy Belated Birthday 75 years young

    In Christ,
    Sherrell
    Mary Esther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can call me Chris. I'm afraid our coming week is going to be cold and rainy but, heigh-ho, it is November in Canada!

      Delete
  2. Donna Leon is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book, "Earthly Remains" starring Commissario Guido Brunetti, is turning out to be a bit of a change from her usual fare, but a great plot nevertheless.

      Delete