Recipes

Translate

Sunday 13 November 2016

The Weekend

   Didn't even get the computer fired up at all yesterday as I was at the RSCDS tea dance all afternoon. It was quite dark by the time I got home so I just had a quick dinner and settled in front of the TV.

   Today has been sunny and quite mild. After a late breakfast of a boiled egg, toast and coffee, and a few chores, I was out in the garden doing the last of the preparations for winter. I raided the composter for some compost to cover the plants and then cleaned up the deck. I even sat out enjoying the sun for half-an-hour; there was quite a bit of heat in it. Soup for lunch then a short nap and I have been reading ever since  "The Last Child" by John Hart - not my usual choice of book but I am enjoying it.

   Chicken and green beans for dinner - the chicken is already cooked so just the green beans to prepare, my kind of cooking! I am watching Lidia prepare stuffed eggplants on her TV show. They look delicious, but too much work for me to be bothered with!

   As promised (finally!) some photos from my recent vacation.

There were lots of palm trees in Benidorm and many interesting walks. This was in the old town.


The view from my hotel room. I was on the 7th floor. On the horizon is Benidorm Island which we visited.

Exercise class on the beach.  This only happened on the weekend. Usually the beach was much quieter.


No comments:

Post a Comment