Recipes

Translate

Friday 25 November 2016

A Productive Day

    I was a busy little bee in the kitchen today, starting at 8:00 a.m. preparing breadcrumbs and dried fruit (soaking it in brandy and Marsala) for the Christmas plum pudding. After I got home from fitness class around 11:00 a.m. I got mixing and had the pudding steamy shortly after.

   After lunch and a short nap I decided to try my hand at making tablet, a delicious sugary Scottish treat! It requires lots of sugar and a can of condensed milk. Unfortunately I grabbed a chocolate version from the cupboard and had it open before I realized - of course, the fact it was brown instead of creamy yellow was a definite clue!

    Once I got the right ingredients in the pan it was just a matter of stir, stir, stir (25 minutes) until it was thickened. In fact I think I let it go a bit too long but it turned out OK. Now the problem is to try to avoid nibbling on it before I take it to our St. Andrew's Day party on Monday.

    So now the plum pudding is wrapped and maturing in the cupboard, that's one course of Christmas Day lunch taken care of!  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment