Recipes

Translate

Saturday 16 July 2016

Too Cool to Swim

   What a change in the weather! Only 16C this morning and, despite sunny spots, it never got much further than the low 20`s. I had my jacket on while shopping and I wasn`t the only one. It felt more like fall. Luckily I hadn`t opened all the windows last night so the house is still comfortably warm. It was good weather for gardening but I hope it warms up again..



Another border tidied - fragrant phlox, sedum and bleeding heart
    I had a busy afternoon after picking up the `Food and Drink` magazine at the LCBO. I found a great marinade for chicken (actually cooked the chicken in it, too) and a new recipe for sugar cookies. They turned out really well but I have stored them in the freezer so I`m not tempted to pig out on them.

Mine looked almost as good although I didn`t ice them.


Chicken breasts in the lime juice, yogurt and turmeric marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment