Recipes

Translate

Friday 15 July 2016

First Tomatoes

   I picked the first cherry tomatoes today to have with my lunch. There are several (still green) on the other plants so I should have a good crop this year. I hope they don't all ripen at the same time!



 I had an early start this morning - around 7:45 - as I was in charge of the board (and coffee and cake) at tennis this morning. It went quite well and I did manage one set. My rhubarb cake was popular - none left! The only bad note was the roadworks on Don Mills on the way home. It was down to one lane and moving rather slowly, so it was almost 1:00 p.m. before I got home, a long morning! I think I will take Leslie Street next time.

   Although the morning was mostly sunny and warm, the afternoon was cooler and overcast so I got some weeding done. Then a quick trip up to the mall to pick up library books and milk. I will do the rest of the grocery shopping tomorrow.

   I made my own tartar sauce to have with a piece of fish left over from yesterday, and wrapped it in a spinach wrap with half a roasted red pepper that was needing eaten up. It was a tasty combination. Now the fridge is really bare. Breakfast tomorrow will have to be a banana smoothie; lucky I picked up the milk!

One of the plants on my deck has finally flowered!

No comments:

Post a Comment