Recipes

Translate

Friday 8 July 2016

Summertime and the Living is Easy

    Not quite so hot today - overcast this morning and some rain sprinkles while we were playing tennis, but cleared this afternoon. Now 28C and my A/C is finally (I hope!) fixed. It is purring away as I type and keeping the house at a very comfortable 24C. The repair guys were here for three hours this afternoon and, although they were perfectly pleasant and hard working, I hope that's the last I see of them for the rest of the summer! It has been a two-week marathon diagnosing and repairing the fault.

   A bit of gardening followed by a dip in the pool were the extent of my activities today. I spent most of the time watching the men's semi-finals at Wimbledon. I have no clear favourite for the final on Sunday as it's going to be a Canadian versus a Scot. I think I will be rooting for the Canadian.

   "Outlander" tonight so I must get on with dinner so that everything is tidied away by 9:00 p.m. I am having tuna tikka masala (from a can) and broccoli tonight as the fridge is almost bare - my cue to give it a clean before I go grocery shopping tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment