Recipes

Translate

Sunday 17 July 2016

Homemade Bread

   The tomatoes are close to being ready to pick so I need some French Bread for bruschetta. So baking was on my plan for this afternoon and it turned out fine. I will keep the loaves in the freezer until the tomatoes ripen. It's one of my favourite snacks in the summer, the chopped tomatoes with herbs and garlic, topped with grated parmesan on the toasted bread slices.

  
    I had a pleasant game of tennis this morning under sunny skies, but Susan and I were on the losing side to the two Cathies. A swim on returning home was called for but since then it has been on the cool side. I watched the golf from Troon for a while but didn't wait to see who came out on top. I will find out in the Sports section of the paper tomorrow morning.

   Still eating yesterday's chicken - in a sandwich for lunch and again for dinner with some green beans. I feel as if I have overindulged on carbs today as I had a croissant stuffed with omelet for breakfast, so will have to be careful tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment