Recipes

Translate

Monday 10 October 2016

Thanksgiving Day

    There was frost on the pumpkin this morning so thank goodness I brought in all the fragile plants last night. Sunny skies but only 3C, going up to 13C later on.

    After a slow start I got my act together and made both roasted and mashed potatoes, my contribution to the Thanksgiving lunch at Judy and Dave's. The traffic was light, the kids were in fine fettle, the turkey was tasty and moist and all the fixings (stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce) were on tap. Finally there were mini tarts, both cheesecake and pumpkin, with whipped cream. Yum! James made me a decaf coffee and Natalie sold me some Girl Guide cookies so I was well looked after!

Natalie, 8, James ,6, Elliot, 10
    I stayed until 4:00 p.m. and, after a fast drive home, had a nap. Up by 5:00 and made some sausage rolls for the Pot Luck lunch at the tennis courts. This is our farewell to the courts at Don Mills but the Bridlewood courts will be open for another couple of weeks.

   I didn't need much dinner tonight but I had some leftovers, including the mashed potatoes I brought home. I haven't eaten potatoes all week so this is a nice treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment