Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 4 October 2016

Busy Tuesday

I had a terrible night's sleep - it felt like I hardly slept at all although I may have dozed off a couple of times. I had to be up and out by 7:45 so I think that was weighing on my mind. In fact I woke at 7:15 and managed to be out by 8:00 so not too bad. It was my turn (last time this year) to open up at the tennis courts, start the coffee and generally get things ready for "Kaffeeklatsch".

  I had arranged to have someone else close up for me as I wanted to leave around 11:00. William did offer but, in the end it was Martin who stepped in. I had tidied up in the kitchen before I left so he didn't have too much to do.

    My reason for leaving early was to make it to the Thanksgiving lunch at the Senior's Centre by noon. I just made it having gone home to change first, but lunch wasn't served until 12:20 anyway. It wasn't a great lunch (I had been hoping for turkey but what can you expect for $12?). First some salad, then chicken, roast potatoes (they were good) and mixed vegetables, mostly rather stringy green beans. Just as well I'm not too fussy! The dessert was nice - pumpkin pie and ice cream - and I had some interesting eating companions.

   I went straight from the lunch room to my Bridge class (conveniently in the same building) and played until 2:45. Then home for a nap and, finally, cut the front grass. I hope I won't have to do that too many more times this year.
   I wasn't too hungry for dinner so just had a small piece of fish left from another day and a cob of corn. I will probably have something sweet before I go to bed. Hope I sleep well tonight. Nothing special happening tomorrow so my brain should be able to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment