Recipes

Translate

Monday 19 September 2016

Trying to Use Up the Kale

     Yesterday Norton 360 (my security app) wouldn't let me in to any of the blogs I follow, including my own! I think they were trying to sell me a new version but at least I can now check in on everybody. I wonder if they also had the same experience.

    I had my last swim in the pool yesterday (actually two) and would have swum today, after cutting the back grass, except I had arranged for the pool guys to come this morning to drain the system and put the cover on. I thought we were done with the hot weather and called them last week. Next September, if it is as warm as this year, I will leave it open a few more weeks. The water was getting a bit on the cool side (this morning it was just 70F) but when you're hot, it is very refreshing. It's been pretty hot today and at 5:00 p.m. it is still 27C.

   Bi-annual checkup with my rheumatologist this morning and he has sent me for some tests later this week. Other than that he is quite pleased with my state of health and I don't have to see him again until April. After my visit with him I went to the Mall to order a sandwich tray for Saturday's monthly dance (it's our group's turn to contribute food) and then got my hair cut.

   Nothing much for dinner tonight - maybe some butternut squash soup which I made this afternoon - as I am going out quite early to dance group. We always have tea and treats around 8:30 so I don't need a proper dinner. Right now I am steaming some kale from the garden and will use it in a dip tomorrow. There is still loads left and I will have to try to come up with some inventive ways to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment