Recipes

Translate

Monday 26 September 2016

A Rainy Day

   Rain off and on most of the day (very heavy for half-an-hour while I was playing bridge) but I did manage to walk to the senior's centre and back in between showers. My timing was exemplary! Big surprise, Pinky had a Grand Slam - that doesn't happen very often and she was thrilled!

   No breakfast until 9:45 this morning as I had to fast before my ultrasound. I was starving by the time I got home and fried up some tomato slices which went in a sandwich with a hard boiled egg. This was followed by coffee and toast with marmalade and this whole concoction acted as breakfast and lunch. I took half an apple and some veggies to bridge but succumbed to the temptation of a coffee and a cookie between hands. So no pre-dinner snacks today, just a bowl of soup and some crackers and cheese before I head out to dance group. However, I will be taking the leftover sandwiches from Saturday's dance so may have one (or two) of them at the tea break.

   It is getting very dark again so I think there will be another deluge. Time to find my rain gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment