Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 28 September 2016

First Book Club of the Year

   Cooler today and a bit of a wind but I went out without a jacket around noon and was quite comfortable. I had a quiet morning at home, pottering around, until it was time to go to the senior's centre for my shift in the coffee bar. No one had come in for the morning shift so I was immediately at work. I had hoped to have half-an-hour for a coffee and cookie but that didn't happen.

    I closed at 2:00 p.m. as I was due at Book Club for 2:15. I was a little late but everyone was still getting settled with coffee or tea when I got there. We had a lively discussion - the book was "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks", a non-fiction  book which, if you haven't read it, you really should try.

    Nothing much on TV tonight although there is an old episode of "Call the Midwife" at 9:00. That will do. Salmon for dinner with a cauliflower mash and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment