Recipes

Translate

Thursday 8 September 2016

No Sign of Fall

    I had a long day yesterday, only getting home just before 8:00 p.m. We had spent the day in Prince Edward County on a Wine and Cheese tour but, unfortunately, I forgot my camera. It was very hot but we were mostly in the air conditioned bus and buildings. I got some nippy cheese, two bottles of wine and a packet of culinary lavender from a lavender farm. We had a tasty lunch at a winery with several "tastings" followed by a tour of the winery. There was a huge thunderstorm on the way home that slowed us up a bit but it was dry again by the time we got back to the drop off area.

    More rain overnight but it is still very hot. Today was a quieter day as I just had the RTO meeting in the morning, home for an early lunch then the last Zumba class. Since then I have been reading "The Couple Next Door" by Shari Lapena. From the first few chapters I think it may be in the same genre as "Gone Girl", a book (and movie) I enjoyed last year. I can't put it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment