Recipes

Translate

Saturday 3 September 2016

An Expensive Summer

   I got my hydro bill the other day for the last two months - over $400! I compared this with last year and it was about $30 more, which can be explained by increased use of the A/C, so quite acceptable. Nevertheless, it is a bit of a shock!

   I treated myself to a brunch sandwich from McDonald's as I had a coupon. It was very tasty and came with a free coffee. I made cauliflower soup when I got home from shopping and that was plenty for lunch. Dinner today is my version of a fatousch salad - cucumber, tomato, peppers, olives, salami and feta cheese topped with toasted pita chips and a lemon vinaigrette.

   Another lovely day with sunny skies and pleasant temperatures. I did get in the pool after doing a bit of gardening but the water was chilly, just 76C. I have been spoiled this month with it being mostly in the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment