Recipes

Translate

Friday 1 January 2016

Another New Year

    A lazy morning and not too much for breakfast as I was lunching at Judy and Dave's and they always put on a good feast. We usually go to Steve and Alison's on New Year's Day but Alison had just got back from 10 days with her family in Victoria. Steve stayed in Toronto to look after the pets and that's a full time job!

    The grandkids were in fine fettle and as boisterous as usual. We started with champagne mimosas (well, prosecco actually but it was fizzy and delicious) then had lasagna, salad and garlic bread followed by a selection of cookies and bars from Judy's Christmas cookie exchange. They were delicious and, as usual, I went for the chocolate ones! After lunch we played a game of Family Feud and I think some cheating went on as my team didn't win. Natalie came out on top of the money round with her quick answers - although it helps to go first. Elliot and James were quite piqued by her success!

   Home for a nap by 4:00 and then just reading by the fire. It's not too cold today with only a few snow flurries - not enough to shovel. I will just have a light dinner later as I am still stuffed. One of my New Year's resolutions is to only eat when I have hunger pangs rather than on a schedule. We'll see how long that lasts. Thankfully exercise classes start again next week and, if the snow stays away, I will try for some longish walks. If we get snow, shovelling it will be my exercise!

Time to put away the Christmas table centrepiece for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment