Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 19 January 2016

Catchup Time Again

     Back to Sunday - I had a quiet morning doing chores, reading and working on my current puzzle. I made soup and had an early lunch because I was due at Broadlands for demo team practice by 2:00 p.m. It was a good turn out with two full sets and we did several fun dances, but I was tired by the time we quit at 4:00 p.m.

   I found a short cut to the DVP and was up in Markham by 4:30 for James' birthday party. He opened his presents while we relaxed with a glass of wine and a cheese tray. Then Judy served a delicious dinner of Pork Wellington (pork tenderloin wrapped in puff pastry), roasted vegetables and kale salad. This was followed by chocolate cake with a yummy strawberry filling. Later we played "Headbandz", Elliot was the big winner. He's so smart!

    I got home in time for "Downton Abbey" and "Borgen", my two regular Sunday night shows, and was ready for bed by 10:00 p.m. - a busy day!

  A stay-at-home day on Monday until the evening and I was happy to stay indoors as it was very cold (-10C) and windy out. Scarborough social group in the evening with another good turnout. We certainly need a few of these as our rent is going up this year  by almost 50%! It remains to be seen if we can sustain this over time as the church is asking us to continue to pay the monthly rent through the summer months when we don't meet and therefore have no money coming in. Time will tell!

    Another cold day today with minus temperatures and an icy wind, but no snow. I had an early start to the RWTO meeting at 9:30 a.m. followed by lunch - roast beef, yum! And they even remembered the horseradish!! Cheesecake for dessert, also yummy.  

   A quiet evening watching tennis from Melbourne - what a treat! No Canadians playing today but Milos and Eugenie are still in the mix. Good luck to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment