Recipes

Translate

Thursday 17 September 2015

Two Busy Days

    Still hot for late September, hit 31C this afternoon. I was in the pool twice, following some garden clean up. It was a very refreshing 72F. Only two more weeks until it is drained and covered!

   I've had another couple of busy days. Yesterday I was out by 8:30 to attend the RTO brunch for new retirees. It was held down by the lake, a beautiful location and well attended. Coffee, juice, pastries to start, followed by bacon, sausage, eggs and hash browns. Speeches followed as we tried to recruit new members - I think quite a few will join.

   I went straight from there to the Senior's centre as I have been asked to tend the coffee bar on Wednesday afternoons from now on. This will work out well as I got into the Wednesday morning Fitness class (also the Friday class). It was quite quiet there so we closed up by 2:00 p.m., but it was a long day!

   Today was Probus Club in the morning (speakers from the ROM with a presentation on Pompeii), followed by Bridge. Sami and I had some good hands and came out on top by quite a bit. I was home by 3:00 p.m. to relax in the garden. Tomorrow won't be quite so busy, tennis in the morning and then a quick run to the grocery store as Judy and the kids will be here on Saturday to go to the Fun Fair at Leacock TC.

   I had some leftover poached salmon so made a salad with it on top for dinner tonight. Very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment