Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Keeping Busy

   A busy couple of days and the rest of the week isn't much better. On Monday morning I decided on a round of golf at Dentonia ( an 18-hole par 3). It was a perfect morning - quite a cool start but I had my vest off before the 4th hole. I had some good drives but no pars. Also I cut out a couple of holes on the back nine as I was running out of steam. Considering this was just my second time on the links this year, I was quite happy with my performance.

  That evening was the start of dancing at Scarborough SCD. We had a great turnout and Donalda had some interesting dances for us to try. I swear she uses us as guinea pigs for her other classes!

   Today, instead of my usual tennis I had to attend the RWTO Exec. meeting at The Estates. Thank goodness they only happen four times a year. My job is to look after the sale of used books - tons of donated books arrived and we sold an amazing 80 books! This was followed by a nice lunch and entertainment - a hilarious Elvis impersonator! After returning home, changing out of my glad rags and having a nap, I went to a movie, "Mistress America". It was a bit of a disappointment as it had been well reviewed. Maybe I just didn't get it.

   I was still stuffed from lunch so just made a salad for dinner with some smoked mackerel I picked up on my way home from the cinema. It was delicious and plenty for me. Tomorrow I am off early to the RTO new retirees brunch at Bluffer's restaurant. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment