Recipes

Translate

Thursday 3 September 2015

Still Hot and Humid

   Watching Andy Murray battle a Frenchman at the U.S. Open. He was 2 sets down but has just won the third set. Can he do it? I will certainly be urging him on!

   It was so hot on the tennis courts this morning that I expired after less than an hour. It took me a couple of hours to recover but it is nice and cool indoors. Outdoor temperature is 30+. The pool is still refreshing and good for a quick cool down  after gardening or tennis but I have stayed indoors since this morning's activities. The afternoon was spent at the Senior's Centre (thankfully air conditioned) playing bridge. Marie and I didn't have very good hands but did win a couple of contracts. The other team came out on top however.

   My after dinner walks have been going well, but I doubt I will lose any weight. I will give it a couple of weeks then see if there is any change. I have been trying to eat a lighter meal in the evening and abstain from any late night snacks - the trickiest part! Last night I just had some almonds and a couple of dried apricots.

No comments:

Post a Comment