Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 23 September 2015

First Day of Fall

  Another beautiful day with clear blue skies and a cooling breeze. Slept in this morning until 9:15 and, after a light breakfast, pottered until it was time to leave for the Senior's Centre. It was "Volunteer Appreciation" Day and as I had put in a few shifts in the coffee bar, I was invited for lunch. There were almost 100 folk there and the lunch was superb, so no dinner (except a salad) for me tonight!

    We also had prize draws (I didn't win anything) and entertainment (very spiffy ballroom dancers), then the floor was cleared and the music jacked up. I left at that point for a well-earned nap before cutting both the front and back lawns. All nice and tidy again although there are still some brown patches. Off to fix my salad and then my nightly walk before retiring to the couch to watch TV. A very busy day for the first day of Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment