Recipes

Translate

Thursday 10 September 2015

Nothing Better Than Home Made!

    Busy in the kitchen today - while gardening this afternoon I noticed quite a bunch of rhubarb so picked enough for a rhubarb and apple crumble. I will have that for dessert tonight with some yoghurt. I also cooked my favourite chicken dish - thighs with ceci (chick peas), artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. It also has a swig of red wine in it and, luckily, I had an open bottle.  I drank the rest with the leftover artichokes in a mayo and parmesan dip. So, not too many leftovers.

    This morning I had an early start (again, when will I get to sleep in?) I had to be at Markham and Lawrence for 9:00 a.m. and the traffic on Markham was pretty bad. But I was on time for the RTO meeting - in fact was first there and got to set up the conference room before anyone else arrived. By that time I was ready for a coffee and that was supplied along with fruit and muffins. The meeting went well and was over by 11:15. Now I need to go over the notes and type them up.

    Seemingly there has been torrential rain in New York so the tennis matches tonight have been cancelled. Luckily this is a good night on TV so I will just catch up on the semi-finals tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment