Recipes

Translate

Thursday 6 August 2015

First of the Local Corn

   Coming home from Bridge today I noticed the farmer was back in his usual spot with a truck full of corn. It really is the freshest available, far exceeding the supermarket variety, and the cars were lined up to get some. I just bought 3 cobs but that will do me a few days.

   Tennis was very pleasant this morning as we started early and were done by 10:00 a.m. I didn't play very well and was on the losing side in both sets. Kathy P. was the top scorer today! Now I am watching tennis from the Washington tournament but only one Canadian left in the mix.

   I will light the barbecue in a bit and cook some chicken drumsticks. It has been getting a good workout this week! I used a new ingredient in the bruschetta tonight - chopped green onions. Still lots of tomatoes ripening quickly so it will be my "go-to" snack for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment