Recipes

Translate

Sunday 2 August 2015

Passed the 5,000 Mark

   I have now had over 5,000 views so obviously someone is enjoying my posts!   A funny day weatherwise - hot this morning on the tennis courts but I did manage almost three sets. I had to quit before the end of the third set but Cathy and I were ahead, so we counted it as a win. Kathy and Susan were not pleased! 

   This afternoon clouded over around 4:00 p.m. and a strong wind came up. This was followed by heavy rain and thunder. Can't complain as the garden definitely needed the moisture. Luckily I had a swim right after I got home from tennis.

   I cashed in some Air Miles at Metro this afternoon and got a steak, some Oka cheese and a baguette virtually free. I am saving the baguette to make bruschetta from all the tomatoes that are on the cusp if ripeness. When the rain stops I will barbecue the steak and serve it with fried onions and cremini mushrooms and mashed sweet potato. Thank goodness the BBQ is on the front porch where it is dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment