Recipes

Translate

Sunday 28 June 2015

The Rain Continues

   It is still raining! It stopped for a short time this afternoon and I sneaked out to pull some weeds but that didn't last long. Everything was very wet and, although the weeds came out easily, I was soon wrist deep in dirt. So the rest will have to wait until everything dries out a bit.

    I made some scones this afternoon with a new recipe and I think I will stick with it as they turned out well. The recipe called for buttermilk but I had to substitute plain milk with some butter added. The scones were crisp on the outside and soft in the middle and delicious with some homemade strawberry rhubarb jam, my mid-afternoon treat!

   Still some chicken left for dinner but tonight I will make a kale casserole with lots of cheese to go with it. I picked the kale during a dry spell this afternoon. There's nothing like freshly picked fruit and vegetables. I think I will get a picking of raspberries tomorrow!

A rather soggy back yard!


Kale fresh from the garden.....

.....and scones (minus one) fresh from the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment