Recipes

Translate

Monday 15 June 2015

Roses in my Garden

    I have had a couple of busy days, despite having an upset stomach (just the pills I have to take but very annoying).  Yesterday I came home from a demo at a church feeling quite queezy and didn't eat much supper. Unfortunately the pills I am taking are supposed to be taken with food so I can't just eat nothing. This morning I just had some yogurt and, later in the morning, a muffin and a cup of coffee. I was able to eat a proper lunch but still with some stomach pangs. Tonight I have cooked some chicken and potatoes as I had defrosted the chicken yesterday before going out. I will have to see if I can stomach it otherwise it will be dinner tomorrow.
 
     Off to bridge this afternoon for a couple of hours and then home to cut the grass. I also made a couple of dozen sausage rolls to take to tennis tomorrow. It's the Wimbledon Strawberries and Cream party although Wimbledon doesn't start for a week or so.


There are lots more to come on this bush.
      I took a tour around the garden this morning and found the first roses of the year in bloom. 

   BTW, the chicken was delicious - and no stomach pangs so far. I also have a jam turnover for dessert, made from the puff pastry left over from the sausage rolls. I think I will have it with some custard that has been lurking in the fridge since I made rhubarb fool for Natalie last week. I will have to come up with something interesting for dinner tomorrow as Natalie and James will be eating here before going to "Dancing in the Park". James is so excited!

Growing among the primroses.

No comments:

Post a Comment