Recipes

Translate

Monday 22 June 2015

Routines

   This topic is borrowed from another blogger but her entry struck a chord as I like to think that, since retiring, I have been able to cast aside routine activities and let the days unfold as they may.

   Having said that, I do realize I am a creature of habit. I cook the same selection of meals, I do chores on specific days, and the week is governed by my set activities. And I grocery shop and do laundry on the same day each week.

    Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday start with a game of tennis (not in the winter, unfortunately). Wednesday is fitness class and, until I open my own pool, Thursday afternoon is Senior's swim at the community centre. Monday and Thursday I have a permanent bridge game organized though the participants vary, and the last Wednesday of the month is Book Club. The middle Thursday morning of the month is the Probus meeting (so no tennis that morning) and the following Thursday is RODEO (Retired Dames Eating Out) lunch. This week we are going to Bluffer's Restaurant down by the lake  which should be very pleasant. The middle Tuesday of the month is the RWTO lunch and on Tuesday also we have the Executive meetings but that only happens a few times a year. And, lastly, Monday evenings are Scottish Country dancing at Scarborough (September to May). 

    I have come to realize that my best friend is my pocket planner otherwise I would never keep all these activities straight. As it is, this week I overbooked myself as I had a meeting of the Scarborough Dancers committee planned for tomorrow afternoon then realized I had to scoot up to Markham to pick up Natalie and James. The other committee members obligingly agreed to start the meeting early so that I can be at the kids' school for 3:30.

    Tonight I am driving with Susan to Rexall Centre at York University for a meeting of the Ticket Takers (more on that later this month) and surprise!  Sandy is providing a "light dinner" ! So no cooking required tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment