Recipes

Translate

Monday 8 June 2015

Finally Some Sun

.... but later in the day. I lay in bed this morning listening to a heavy downpour, telling myself there was no point in rising early as it was to be an indoor day. However, I finally rose shortly after 8:00 and had a leisurely breakfast of egg, toast and coffee, followed by a good thorough read of the newspaper.

   By 9:30 I was ready for some housework followed by a stint on the computer - I really only got it fired up to finish printing a couple of documents that had jammed up the printer yesterday but, while I waited for them, I dialled into Facebook and got involved with a couple of interesting sites. Finally quite around 11:30, went for a shower and got ready to go over to the Senior's Centre (still raining) for bridge. This will be a regular Monday afternoon pursuit as I am filling in for someone who has departed to spend the summer at their cottage. I had terrible cards and only played two hands, but was able to make the contract both times (barely!).

   The day has finely brightened up and looks hopeful for a dry morning for tennis tomorrow - fingers crossed! I may even get out for a bit of garden work before dinner tonight as I am eating leftovers so needn't bother with any fancy cooking. I made a stew in the crockpot yesterday and it is simmering away again as I type - it only gets better with further cooking. And there's some leftover rhubarb crumble calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment