Recipes

Translate

Thursday 15 January 2015

Probus Club

   I had my second visit to the local Probus Club meeting this morning. Although I have to wait until next Fall to join, I can visit three times for free. This was my second visit, very enjoyable with a  speaker from the ROM. Also, I ran into an old Bridge friend there, Gloria, who I hadn't seen for at least a dozen years. Now that I am back to playing bridge I gave her my phone number in case she ever needs a fourth for one of her bridge nights. 

    After the talk I had to rush back to the Senior's Centre for 12:00 p.m. for my other bridge group and we played until almost 3:00 p.m., eating lunch in between hands. I only had one successful hand but felt I played it rather well. Other than that, the cards just did not fall my or my partner's way!

   Back to Agincourt Community Centre for a swim and I managed 18 laps for the second time. Next week I plan to go for 20. Then a short soak in the hot tub, a quick stop at No Frills for milk and sandwich meat for the grandkids lunch tomorrow, and finally home for a relaxing evening. It has been a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment