Recipes

Translate

Monday 5 January 2015

Brrr!

   A chilly one today although sunny for a change. The thermometer didn't register above -10C all day and there was a bitter wind out of the north. I heard the wind chill was minus 20 something so I didn't stay outdoors too long - just a quick trip in the car to the mall to pick up a library book.

   I spent the afternoon reading - it's "Still Alice" by Lisa Genova, about to come out in the theatres any time now with Julianne Moore in the title role as a woman who develops Early-onset Alzheimer's. Quite a harrowing account of the devastation of the disease.

   Gas 95 cents a litre today. However, the advantages of cheaper gas are outweighed by a huge drop in the stock market today. It lost 2.5% of its total value by the end of the day. Hope it goes back up tomorrow.

    Dancing tonight at Scarborough and I'm the "tea lady", but I don't think I will stay to the end as I want to see the last episode of "Midsomer Murders" - or the last episode I will see until dancing stops in May. The new season of "Downton Abbey" started last night and was well worth the wait as several new plots, both upstairs and downstairs, were revealed. That's my Sunday evenings set for the next few weeks!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment