Recipes

Translate

Thursday 22 January 2015

My Longest Swim So Far

   20 laps at the swimming pool this afternoon and I really needed the exercise after sitting at the bridge table for three hours! I hit about 100 balls at the golf clinic this morning but that doesn't really count as exercise as the only exertion it requires is bending to pick up the balls. I was pretty beat by the end of my swim (the last lap was really slow) but if I can keep it up it should pay dividends in improved stamina.

   I enjoyed the bridge today - even played one hand really well - although I did make one big mistake in the bidding and left my partner high and dry with no support. I will know better next time!

   Fish for dinner tonight, probably fried with mashed potatoes and peas. That's the easiest. As I had a light lunch (we eat while we are playing) I will have an avocado and grapefruit salad to start. I had that last night with some shrimp, it was delicious! but tonight I'll leave off the shrimp and just add some cherry tomatoes and sliced red onion.
Six big luscious shrimp on a bed of avocado, grapefruit, tomato and red onion with a spicy mayo dressing. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment