Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Roll Up the Rim

   At our Probus meeting we have Tim Horton's coffee and last week I managed to find two cups with freebies under the rim. One was my own and the other was from a friend who didn't want hers. Now, I am really against disposable cups and usually take my own mug but can't say no to free stuff. 

   Today, while on my morning walk I deliberately took the route that went by my local Timmies and cashed in my winnings. I got an extra large decaf and an apple fritter. I saved some of the coffee for tomorrow as it was huge! Free stuff always seems to taste better than if you have had to pay for it.

   Bridge this afternoon and I was the lucky loser and got $3. This just means I didn't win anything from having a high score but had my name pulled from the jar. This will pay for my next three times at Bridge. After my unlucky events last week it was nice to feel my luck may have turned.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you ... I haven't had a Timmies in months, with all the bad weather we have been driving to the city nearest where there are Tims ... glad to hear that your luck is on the up swing. Long may it continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, hon. Are you snowed in again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris we got another 20-25cm of snow yesterday :( Thankfully it's light & fluffy. I am SO over winter, I'm so over February's moods ... I think we need to remind Wiarton Willie of his forecast (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right, Mary Lou! Maybe March will surprise us.

      Delete