Recipes

Translate

Saturday 9 February 2019

Not venturing far from home

   I was planning to go for a walk this afternoon, as it was sunny, but only got as far as the side of the house. I had gone there to put the cover back on the air conditioning unit which had blown off in yesterday's strong winds. It was so slippery underfoot that I abandoned the idea of trying to walk anywhere. I nearly took a tumble a couple of times!

   Yesterday I made scones and today a big pot of vegetable and bean stew. I just put in whatever vegetables I had - onion, parsnip, eggplant, sweet potato, a few brussel sprouts and half a can of mixed beans, all covered with a can of garlic tomatoes. I picked all the chickpeas out of the beans and will make some hummus at a later date. Dinner smells yummy with the added advantage of not requiring any additional heat since the oven is warming up the house!

4 comments:

  1. your meal sound delicious.
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best kind of soup! Maybe we'll get some sun one of these days to help melt the ice. -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed! I would even welcome some rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the amount of ice underfoot is making walking so difficult. In our region much as been cancelled because parking lots have several cm of ice yet to be cleared. Ah yes it is soup weather. Batten down the hatches for Tuesday's big storm.

    ReplyDelete