Recipes

Translate

Thursday 21 February 2019

A Double Shock

    I got my monthly heating bill the other day - I thought last months was bad but this one was just pennies under $300! Hopefully March's won't be so bad or I will be in the poor house. I have been trying not to use the gas fire so much in the evenings but it is such a cheerful sight I am always tempted to turn it on even if the house is quite warm.

   The second shocker came this morning while I was driving to the Probus club meeting. A motorist in the lane next to me motioned that I had a flat tire - I hadn't noticed a thing. I had probably been driving on it for some time. After the meeting I called CAA and got it inflated but we could hear the air coming out.

   I went lickety split to the garage before it deflated again and, as I suspected, the whole tire had to be replaced. This took some time so I had a light lunch in the cafĂ© while I waited then went to get my hair cut. Finally home just before 5:00 P.M. What an eventful day!

1 comment:

  1. That was quite the expensive day! I think everyone is going to be shocked with the heating costs of February - such a cold month. Kindness of strangers to alert you to your flat tire - I'm surprised the CAA person did not put your spare on to ensure no mishaps on the way to the garage. Thanks for the book recommendation yesterday - I do like a murder mystery but not a gory or scary one.

    ReplyDelete