Recipes

Translate

Sunday 24 February 2019

Storm Warning

   We have been warned to batten down the hatches tonight as a massive storm is approaching - up to 100kph winds and snow and ice rain. So far it has rained off and on all day and the wind is starting to pick up. I have to be out by 9:30 tomorrow morning so I hope I don't encounter any downed trees or power lines.

   An indoor day - I made some mango chutney and pickled beetroot this morning. Watched a Canadian lad in the tennis final in Rio - he's only 19 so kudos to him for getting so far in the tournament. Unfortunately he lost 6-4, 7-5. Better luck next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully Chris the roads aren't too bad in your part of the area. All our major highways & county roads have been closed by the OPP & the plows have been pulled. It's horrible out there this morning. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things weren't too bad in the city. Roads were clear and no downed trees in my vicinity. I guess it was the blowing snow that caused all your road closures.

    ReplyDelete