Recipes

Translate

Thursday 14 February 2019

St. Valentine`s Day

   Valentine`s treats at the Senior`s Centre today. I don`t usually go on a Thursday but yesterday I overheard a conversation about goodies being defrosted. So I decided to go for Mah Jong and have a coffee and chocolate bars. It was fun and a nice break from shovelling. By the time I got home the sun had worked its magic on my driveway. It almost felt like Spring!

I can`t get in my back gate as my neighbour very generously shared all the snow from his path!

The sun shone for most of the day and dried up all the cleared areas. But the snowbanks are growing again.

Another pretty substantial snow pile. It will soon be too tall for me to add to.

The front path is finally free of ice for the time being. It always ices over with any moisture.

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes that hour or two of sunshine today was marvelous for both clearing some of the ice & spirits lifted. I said rude things out loud when the weather person announced possibility of overnight freezing rain! I'm so done with winter, I want to break up with winter & see other seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the neighbours go out to clear the road and then we cannot get out of our drive!

    ReplyDelete