Recipes

Translate

Saturday 26 August 2017

Same Old, Same Old

     I had a bit of a late start this morning (the only morning I get to lie in) but it was actually due to not managing to drop off quickly last night. It must have been 1:30 a.m. before I fell asleep, having had to get up for a glass of milk and some cheese and crackers some time after midnight. I read for a while until my eyes got heavy.

   Also the only morning when I have a cooked breakfast - today a boiled egg, with OJ, toast and coffee. Then the day proceeded as usual, laundry (I hung it outside), grocery shopping, lunch, a nap, a swim and some gardening. Lunch was a bowl of soup and a small tomato sandwich - still trying to keep ahead of the mounds of ripening tomatoes.

   I walked up to the mall to pick up a library book this afternoon (4,000 steps each way) and found there were three books waiting for me! I just took two and started on one only to realize it is the story on which a movie I saw last year is based. I have forgotten the name of the movie but the book is "The Price of Salt" by Patricia Highsmith - seemingly a classic, written in 1952. I will give it a try but since I already know the plot, it may not hold my attention.

   The TV guide had promised tennis this evening, but they are showing baseball instead, so I will have to resort to reruns. Never mind, I will play Bridge on my computer with the TV on in the background!

   Garlic shrimp and green beans for dinner, and strawberries from the freezer for dessert. It will be an early night, methinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment