Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Miltenburg and "Fruhschoppen"

   Still not much appetite but I have an appetizing dinner planned for tonight - tomato, olive and feta salad with lemon juice and some of the real olive oil, that I bought in Spain last Fall, as a dressing. It will also have cucumber and red pepper - that should tempt me to eat. There's nothing wrong with keeping meals light but I am missing protein so will have to think about that tomorrow.

   Fitness class this morning but I came straight home after, had a nap and a swim before going back to work in the coffee bar. Another nap after that then cut the front grass just before thunder started rattling around. This was followed by a very heavy downpour - good for the garden and the pool is filled again!

   I can't for the life of me, recall our walking tour of Miltenburg but the highlight of our day was Fruhschoppen on the sun deck. This is a Bavarian Sunday morning custom - white sausages with mustard, potato salad, sauerkraut and giant pretzels and, of course, big glasses of beer! and then there was lunch. Even after all that food we were still ready for dinner which that day was Osso Buco, tender and delicious. All in all, the food on the cruise was outstanding.

Food set out on the sun deck.

This MAY be Miltenburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment