Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 22 August 2017

A Change in the Weather

   I went early to tennis today as some nasty weather was forecast. We were playing by 8:20 and it lasted until just before 10:00 when the heavens opened and that was it for the day. However, we had a good turnout  - all the courts were filled - although a few just showed up as the rain was starting. Their bad luck! Since then the temperature has dropped considerably so we will have cool night.

   This afternoon, since there was more heavy rain, I took in a movie, "The Glass Castle". I had read the book it was based on and it was a good version of the book. It is based on true events and included some video and photos of the actual family. I enjoyed it immensely and would recommend it.

   An interesting dinner tonight - it was a bit late to cook when I got home from the movie so I stuffed a Greek pita with interesting stuff, roasted red pepper, avocado, cucumber on a layer of cream cheese. Delicious but rather tricky to eat. This was followed with some almonds and dried apricots so I got plenty of protein. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment