Recipes

Translate

Friday 2 October 2015

The Temperature Drops

    I just rescued an avocado in time before it turned! I bought it last week when it was still quite green and forgot about it. Luckily it was still edible after I removed a few black spots and I made it into a salsa dip. Delicious with a glass of wine and some tostitos!

    It has been quite cold for the last two days with the mornings only 4 or 5C. I had to wear gloves for tennis! Yesterday was sunny which warmed things up a bit, but today was cloudy and quite windy - very tricky on the courts. This week was the start of the Fall exercise classes so today I did that first before I headed over for tennis. In fact this week was my last day at Thursday tennis as I got into a yoga class which starts at 9:00 a.m. I will continue on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays for another couple of weeks (unless it snows!). Then we start indoor tennis at Hendrina's condo.

   Judy took me out for lunch today for my birthday. We went to Panera bread and both had a delicious salad and a nice chat. They are off on their cruise next Wednesday so I won't see them again until they get back.

   I brought in some of the plants in pots and a few tomatoes today in case we have a frost, and cut the back grass. There are always lots of chores as we approach winter, getting the garden tidied up and put to sleep. I will tackle it a little bit at a time. Next job is to plant the garlic for next year's crop.

No comments:

Post a Comment