Recipes

Translate

Monday 12 October 2015

Something Burning!

    I was doodling through entries in Facebook a few minutes ago when I became aware of an unpleasant smell emanating from the kitchen - oh, no! I had left some red peppers roasting in the toaster oven and had completely forgotten about them. They are burned to a crisp and the smell will probably linger for days. This is not the first time this has happened and my rule to myself is to set the timer for 10 minutes, which I forgot to do today.

   Other than that, this has been another fabulous day. Warm and sunny and in the low 20's, but now some cloud cover although I feel quite sunburned. We had a couple of hours of tennis at the Don Mills Thanksgiving Social, followed by a delicious lunch and prizes. I won a can of tennis balls, although I nearly missed it as I was in the kitchen, helping with the washing up. There were lots of treats left over which will be brought out tomorrow at the Kaffeeklatsch pot luck lunch. My contribution will be sausage rolls. Today I made a kale and quinoa salad which I didn't try as there were so many other nice salads on offer.

   Later this afternoon I pulled up some more plants, including the aforementioned kale (it really has overshot itself), ready for the garden refuse pick-up on Wednesday. Most of the leaves went in the composter but the stalks were too thick.

   I am still stuffed so have forgone my usual pre-dinner snacks. There are leftover ribs waiting to be heated up with corn and potatoes but I think it will be a while until I am hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment