Recipes

Translate

Saturday 24 October 2015

A Restful Day at Home

   I had a late start this morning - didn't get up until after 8:00. Breakfast started with a small banana while I cooked a poached egg which I had on toast with a glass of orange juice. More toast with coffee to follow and that was me set until lunch time. By the time the laundry was done, the newspaper read and the kitchen tidied it was 11:30. Where did the morning go!

   A quick run to the grocery store (rainy but mild) to pick up some fresh fruit and veg and then lunch (butternut squash soup and a tomato, cucumber and lettuce sandwich). Before retiring for a nap I put bread in the machine and set it on "dough" as I wanted to make a French loaf. It was done by the time I got up again and was soon proofing in a warm oven. I baked it in a couple of tins and it turned out well just in time to sliced it for bruschetta. The rest went in the freezer for later.

   Dinner was a salmon fillet (I was sick of chicken) and broccoli casserole. Because I had eaten so much of the bread I decided to forego any carbs and I really didn't miss them. I will probably be into the Girl Guide cookies before the evening is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment