Recipes

Translate

Sunday 5 October 2014

Still Lots of Outdoor Fun

   The lemon curd did, in fact, turn out well. It thickened up nicely once it cooled and made a tasty spread on my toast this week. I will be interested to see how long it lasts.

   The weather stayed nice all week and I had golf on Monday - 18 holes at Tam O'Shanter, really too much - and tennis on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I didn't play at Bellbury on Tuesday as there was a meeting of the RWTO committee to which I now belong as the guardian of the "book table". We meet at the Marleigh which provides us with a very generous refreshments table at which I indulged heavily. Note to self: don't have any breakfast on meeting mornings!

   Judy took me to Red Lobster for a birthday treat on Thursday; I had shrimp and scallops and she had her usual shrimp taco. Much oohing and aahing as we ate! After lunch I headed over to the library to pick up the book we are reading for the next Book Club meeting, Terry Fallis's "No Relation". Yesterday was the first of the monthly Scottish Country dances at Crescent School. There was a smaller than usual turnout but the band was in good form and we had some great dances. My favourites were "Glastonbury Tor" and Mrs. McLeod", both lively reels.

   Saturday saw a significant drop in temperature and now the furnace is on for the first time; the house was only 13 degrees when I got up this morning! I went over to the tennis courts but there were only a few of us. I played until 10:30  (wearing gloves for the first while) then headed home to catch up on some chores. This afternoon the demo pool met at Broadlands for a practice and Keith put us through our paces with some new dances. Now I am snacking on the last of the Balsamic onion cheddar cheese I bought last week at the Village Grocer. I have some scallops defrosting to put in a pasta dish later. "Outlander" is on tonight so I will be waiting with baited breath for Claire's next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment