Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Still Cold and Rainy

   It only got up to 9C today - it's too early in the year for these chilly temperatures! We have been promised a warmer few days soon but I'm not holding my breath.

   Lunch out today. It was the RWTO Craft show, lots of interesting tables but I didn't feel tempted to buy anything. Lunch was very good, Caesar salad, steak in a spicy pepper sauce, vegetables and a delicious chocolate dessert.

   Later in the afternoon, as it was still raining, I went to the movies. Also because Tuesday is bargain day - $6 tickets! I saw "The Judge" with Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall. Both were excellent and the story was quite gripping. I must say I didn't notice the time passing and was quite disappointed and reluctant to leave when it ended.

   Just a light supper tonight. I stopped in at Adonis on the way home and picked up some treats which I had with a bowl of soup - a wholewheat baguette, some blue cheese and a smoked mackerel. Unfortunately the fish was terribly salty so I may not be able to eat it. Also it was full of bones. You win some and you lose some.

No comments:

Post a Comment