Recipes

Translate

Thursday 30 October 2014

Two Busy Days

   No tennis this morning. I had arranged to take the car in for its rust check, plus it was rather chilly, though sunny. This afternoon was the free swim at Agincourt Rec. Centre so I did my minimum, 12 lengths, then had a soak in the hot tub. I plan to make this a regular activity now that the weather is getting colder and will try to increase the number of lengths I do..

   Yesterday I went down to Dentonia Golf Course (a par 3 course). I have decided it is more my speed although it is a longer drive to get there and the course is very hilly. I felt much less tired after 18 holes there than I did after 9 holes at the longer regulation course. It was a little cool to start off with, even though the sun was shining, but by half way I had my sweater off. There are only a couple of more weeks before the courses close and the nets will probably be coming down this weekend at the tennis courts. The garden still requires some more work but soon that will also be over until Spring.

   Last night was Book Club but we were usurped from our usual spot at Chapters as they were inundated with new arrivals getting ready for the Christmas sales. We ended up in Starbucks but it was very noisy and not conducive to a friendly discussion of the book we had read for this month. Several people went away quite disgruntled. Lee is hoping to find a better location for next month as our group has grown quite large (15 there last night). Next month's book is "The Orphan Train" which I think I will have to buy as the library only has a few copies.

  I got my 'flu shot today while I was down at the drug store to renew a prescription. It's so easy to get it there instead of from the doctor - no need for an appointment, no waiting in a room full of sick people, just show up and bare your arm!

   Dinner tonight is kedgeree (a fish, rice and egg dish flavoured with curry). This afternoon I made some roasted tomato soup as I was experiencing a glut of ripe cherry tomatoes brought in from the garden. It is very tasty, flavoured with basil , garlic and balsamic vinegar. I'll have it for lunch tomorrow. Right now I am nibbling on some hummus made with the chick peas left over from the Tuscan chicken I made earlier this week. Making sure I use up everything in the fridge before it expires is always a challenge for me, but I manage to not throw out too much food. Yesterday I made a yummy dip from artichoke hearts (also left over from the Tuscan chicken), mayo and parmesan cheese. I had it with slices from a sour dough loaf that has been lingering in the freezer for quite some time.  

   "Big Bang Theory" is back to Thursday nights so my evening viewing is all set. Yaay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment