Recipes

Translate

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Marmalade

   I had nothing planned for today other than the thought of a round of golf. But it really was too chilly so decided to give it a pass. However, I had a notion to make some marmalade as I had bought some oranges at Adonis yesterday. Squeezing and slicing the oranges (and one lemon) was quite a tedious chore but was made up for by the delicious aromas created once the sugar was added. From the three oranges I got three reasonable sized jars of marmalade which should set nicely as I used my candy thermometer to reach the "setting point".


So comforting to have home made preserves in the pantry!

 
   A little gardening this afternoon as it warmed up and the sun was out. The roses are protected for the winter and another border is cleaned up. Kathy and Cathy both contacted me regarding tennis tomorrow and we will give it a go. I just hope it's not too chilly.

   Still some ribs to eat up but I will cook some fresh vegetables, probably potatoes and broccoli.

   The news today has been full of an attack on the Parliament buildings in Ottawa. A bit too close for comfort! Tragically, a soldier has been killed and this comes on a recent killing of another soldier in Quebec. Both attacks appear to have been perpetrated by Jihadists.  It is very sad that conflicts in other parts of the world are now coming to our peaceful country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment