Recipes

Translate

Saturday 18 October 2014

Getting Chilly

   A few glimpses of sun yesterday but, other than that, it has been dull and rainy for the past few days. Today is decidedly cooler but I have got all the outdoor plants inside in case of frost tonight. I dug up my huge poinsettia and have got it in the house. It will be interesting to see if it survives the transplant! It is now three years old.

   Yesterday was the end of tennis at Bellbury and it almost didn't happen as the day started out rainy. However, ever the optimists, we dried the courts with just a few sprinkles coming down and managed to start play by 9:45. There was only a small group so we played pretty continuously until about 11:15 when I left to meet Judy for lunch. The others stayed for an impromptu pot luck lunch, organized by Jasmine in her usually competent manner. I sneaked a devilled egg and a samosa before I left! I will see them all again next May.

   Judy is celebrating her birthday this weekend so I treated her to a lunch of sushi and teriyaki at a local Japanese place. I hadn't been there before and was quite happy with the meal - more than enough food (including miso soup and ice cream) and only $10 each. After all that food a small dinner of leftovers tided me over well enough and it's also leftovers (chicken and sweet potato) again tonight with the addition of a cauliflower and broccoli casserole which I have just in time rescued from the oven. I have had a very lazy day and am looking forward to some good TV tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment