Recipes

Translate

Thursday 23 October 2014

Brilliant Weather!

   I had made tentative plans to meet friends at the tennis courts this morning and we were in luck. The sun was shining, not much wind and reasonable temperatures. We played for an hour then I had to leave as I was heading out to the RTO craft sale and lunch.

   I got to Qssis around 11:15 and checked out the craft tables. I had been looking for the vendor that had marmalade last year but she wasn't there. Nothing else I was interested in but  I met up with two friends from the book club so we sat and chatted about our most recent book until it was time for lunch. Lunch started with a delicious carrot and pumpkin soup. Then roast pork (a bit dry) and vegetables; we were even offered seconds. I had another potato and some more asparagus. Dessert was apple pie and butterscotch ice cream followed by coffee, and once I had polished that off I was well and truly stuffed. All that for just $20!

     Since I was already near by, I went to Edwards Gardens for the Farmer's Market on the way home. I was looking for corn and a special cheese but neither were available. However, since I was already inside the garden centre I picked up some crocus bulbs which the kids and I will plant on Monday, if the weather cooperates. While there I spotted a bush just like the brightly coloured ones I have in my garden. They are Japanese Barberrys, planted by the previous owners. I was very pleased to find out their name. It was so warm and pleasant wandering around the grounds I was very loath to leave.

    Still stuffed from lunch so just going to have leftovers again for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment