Recipes

Translate

Saturday 25 October 2014

Still Mild

   Friday was another brilliant day. I spent the morning on the golf course - at Tam O'Shanter which is 5 minutes from me. Rather a challenging course for my ability level so I just played 9 holes. However, I think I will  go back to the easy par 3 course I usually play even though it's a longer drive. But with the sun shining, 13C and the trees in all their glorious fall colours, it was an exceptional morning.

   That evening was the AGM for my local tennis club and as I am the designated note-taker, my presence was required. It started late and there were many long-winded arguments that I tried to document, but at last it was over and I now just have to type up the Minutes before I forget what my scribbled notes mean! I have until the Spring to do this but if I leave it too long it will be an arduous process.

   A quiet day today apart from the usual Saturday chores - laundry and grocery shopping. I was a bit late getting out and the store was crammed but eventually I was home, had a light lunch and headed for bed. Some rain this afternoon but my laundry was dry enough to bring indoors and is now folded and put away. An evening of TV awaits and there's a chicken casserole in the oven (my favourite, Tuscan chicken, thighs with chick peas, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes. I also threw in the tiny eggplant from my garden, hope it tastes OK).  

No comments:

Post a Comment