Recipes

Translate

Monday 6 October 2014

Rainy Morning

    Normally I would be heading over to the golf course on a Monday, but today I had a dental appointment and it was wet and drizzly anyway when I got up. By the time I got out of the dental surgery, teeth shiny clean but with an appointment for tomorrow for a filling, it had dried up. First stop was Starbucks as I had a coupon for a Pumpkin Latte, mmmmm, delicious!

    I suddenly had a burst of energy (maybe the caffeine?) when I got home and stripped the covers off the family room couch and, while they chugged around in the washing machine, cut all the grass, front and back. Then I hung the covers outside so thank goodness it had dried up. There was even some sun!

    After lunch and a nap it was time for the struggle to get the covers back on the cushions. I did this while they were still a bit damp as that makes it easier to stretch them. I think this will be the last time for these particular cushions to get a cleaning as they are getting a bit threadbare. By the time they are in need of another cleaning it will be time for a visit to Ikea for a new sofa.

    I had some e-mails to compose and despite problems with Messenger, got them out in the airwaves just before heading out to dancing group. I just had time for a quick dinner of leftover pasta and scallops with some green beans on the side. Quite a lot accomplished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment