Recipes

Translate

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Lemon Curd

   My first attempt at Lemon Curd may not be successful! I boiled it for what seemed like forever, but it refused to thicken. I'm just hoping it will thicken as it cools. I will test it tomorrow.

   Tuesday is usually tennis but I had an RWTO meeting to attend. K. called this afternoon and told me that some Bellbury people are planning to play tomorrow, so I will head over there bright and early and see if I can get a game.

   I had a nice afternoon at J's on Sunday as an early birthday present - leg of lamb with all the fixings, cake and flowers. J.W. helped me blow out the candles and I came home with 2 boxes of Girl Guide cookies (the good kind) courtesy of N's Brownie pack. They are safely parked in the freezer so I'm not tempted to eat them all at once.

   I have initiated a bit of landscaping in the garden - digging up a patch behind the garden bench where lilies were threatening to take over and where I will transplant an evergreen from another part of the garden. This will probably take me a couple of weeks to finish so I hope the weather continues to be mild.

    Tomorrow is garbage day and I will be getting rid of some of the stuff I didn't manage to sell on Saturday. I will be very glad to see it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment